This is my favorite way to make an omelet. I like the oven to do the work for me, mornings are busy as it is, especially if I’m cooking more than one dish. It seems as if I can never have everything cooked and ready at the same time. I will literally be cooking eggs, pancakes, and bacon at the same time, getting every pan dirty in the house. Baking the omelet solves this problem, and the omelet turns out perfect every time.
This recipe is delicious and can easily serve a family of five. My son is a picky eater, and even he loves this omelet!
The perfect breakfast to feed a large family -without the work in the kitchen.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of ham, fully cooked and diced (can use turkey ham)
- 2 tbsp onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 8x8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, and sour cream. Beat until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl, mix well.
- Pour into baking dish, and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until cooked. ( check the center of the dish )
Adapted from: thekitchn