So I’m actually sitting here eating the vegetable fried rice I made while I write this. It taste just like takeout but better! I love fried rice, and this is just yummy… It goes perfect with the firecracker chicken I posted yesterday. You will feel as if you just ordered some delicious takeout while eating the two. Not kidding!
I’m actually in a really good mood right now, its almost middle of December and its beautiful outside. That is what I love about living in Georgia, I get to skip those nasty winters I remember having living in Canada. The snow is pretty to look at I just hated driving in it, but I have to admit that I miss snow around Christmas time. It doesn’t feel the same without the snow, like it almost doesn’t feel like Christmas at all. I guess I have been so busy that I didn’t realize how close Christmas is, like where did the time go?
This Christmas I plan to bake delicious Christmas treats, and of course I am going to put every single yummy dessert I make on my blog… so be on the lookout for those all next week 🙂
I hope you enjoy this yummy vegetable fried rice as much as I do, I’m about to grab myself a second bowl!
Better than takeout vegetable fried rice.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4-5 tbsp green onion
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat and add sesame oil.
- Add onion, garlic, and mixed vegetables, fry until vegetables are tender.
- Add eggs to the pan (moving vegetables aside) and scramble eggs in the pan with the vegetables.
- Mix eggs and vegetables together.
- Add rice to the pan and pour soy sauce over the rice. Mix well, and stir fry everything together, coating evenly.
- Add green onions and salt and pepper to taste.