This has gotta be my favorite bread dip ever! If you have already dined at the well-known Italian food chain Carrabba’s, then I don’t need to convince you of how good this dip is. This is the exact replica of their famous bread dip with fresh herbs, spices, and some good extra virgin olive oil. Bold irresistible flavor that will leave you stuffed on carbs before the main course reaches your table. I mean I just ate a 12 inch baguette to my face.
.Let’s talk about how easy this is to make….add herbs and spices together, mix with olive oil. Done. Finito. Voila!
Okay, well you do have to finely chop the fresh herbs, but I promise that using the fresh herbs taste WAY better than the dried bottled kind. This little bit of prep work is worth it! I easily whipped up this appetizer in 5 minutes, served it with some warm bread, and enjoyed it outside on my back patio with some bottled water. This would probably go better with some wine though. I’m just saying.
I’m so obsessed with Carrabba’s!!!! I could eat there everyday if my wallet would let me. I have literally tried almost everything on their menu, and I have never left disappointed. Although, I never end up finishing my meal because of THIS bread dip that they serve to you for free when you sit down! I prefer this over garlic bread any day!
I do realize that I have Canadian, European, and other countries besides the US who follow me, and to my knowledge Carrabba’s is only located in the United States. So to those of you who have never been to Carrabba’s Italian Grill, it is an American restaurant chain featuring Italian-American cuisine… that is the bomb!
This dip served with bread makes an excellent side dish to pasta or salad, and a delicious appetizer prepared solo!
- 1 and 1/2 tsp fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 teaspoon salt (a little less than half a tsp.)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bread for dipping
- Mix together parsley, rosemary, basil, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour in olive oil and stir together.
- Let the dip rest for 1 minute after stirring, then take a spoon and drizzle desired amount onto a plate. Dip bread in.
Adapted from: epicurious