Maple Glazed Jerk Chicken Wings– Get ready to lick your fingers and plate! These sweet and savory wings are baked to perfection in a mouthwatering sticky jerk sauce. You won’t want to share these wings!
These finger-licking baked wings are to die for. I made these 3 nights in a row and have been daydreaming about them ever since. I hardly had any trial & error creating this recipe. It was almost perfect from the jump. Most importantly, they are super easy to make with minimal ingredients. How sweet is that?
On the other hand, this all started with me driving to pick my son up from preschool. My mind is always wandering and thinking of new recipes to make. I started imagining jerk and maple syrup, and couldn’t help think that this freakishly weird combination would pair well together. It was like I could already taste the incorporation of jerk and maple on my tongue…and it was indeed, fabulous.
In case you’re wondering, I used Walkerswood Traditional Hot and Spicy Jamaican Jerk Sauce brand to make the wings. Which I personally prefer when I am choosing a jerk sauce. I am sure other brands should give you similar results.
Besides that, I wanted to further explain what I mean when I say finely grated ginger. To some people, I know it might seem silly that I am explaining this, but to tell the truth, you would be surprised at how many people are unsure of what I mean. Like, really.
I mean to actually use a grater and finely grate the ginger, because I’ve seen some people just chop the ginger into small pieces, thinking they will get the same results. Which isn’t the case with this recipe. In all honesty, using a grater will give you the best results.
Moreover, Are you ready to make some wings? Let’s make it!
Maple Glazed Jerk Chicken Wings- Get ready to lick your fingers and plate! These sweet and savory wings are baked to perfection in a mouthwatering sticky jerk sauce. You won’t want to share these wings!
- 12 chicken wings
- 1/2 cup maple syrup ( I used 100% real maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 and a half tablespoons Jerk Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add all the ingredients to a bowl (except wings) and stir well to combine.
- Line a baking pan with foil. Place chicken wings in the pan, trying not to overlap wings, then pour sauce mixture over wings. Making sure each wing is evenly coated.
- Bake for 40 mins, basting wings (pouring the sauce over) every 15 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, turn the oven to high broil and cook for an additional 2 minutes, allowing chicken to get a little brown and crisp. Watching it carefully so it doesn't burn. 2 minutes ONLY.
- Remove from oven immediately and drizzle/toss sauce over wings. Enjoy!
- I used Walkerswood Brand for the jerk sauce.