Jerk Seasoning Dry Rub Recipe – A homemade seasoning for quick and easy tasty dinners. Not too spicy, a little sweet, with a lot of love. The perfect combination of spices and herbs make this special seasoning.
Calling all jerk lovers!!! Jerk lovers need to stick together. Who doesn’t like jerk though? I haven’t met one single person who dislikes jerk. Its like a worldwide like-able flavor. Seriously though, the smell of jerk will have me following the scent with my nose, like they do in those funny cartoons. You can make jerk shrimp, jerk salmon, jerk pasta, jerk vegetables, and of course the famous jerk chicken. YUM! You’re probably like “jerk vegetables??” YES! Jerk vegetables. Especially with this homemade dry rub. The dry rub has a milder jerk taste, but still powerful flavor. My sister says its the best jerk she had. I say, homemade is always better. It just taste fresher… it just taste right. Something about store-bought products just never taste the same as homemade.
So let’s get down to what you guys really wanna know:
- Made in under 5 minutes
- Not too spicy
- Can be used on seafood, pasta, chicken, fish, or vegetables
- Super duper tasty
- Creates easy simple dinners
- Can be stored for months in your pantry
- CREATES EASY SIMPLE DINNERS
No, that’s not a mistake. Easy simple dinners is in that list twice. Isn’t that what we all aim for?Whenever I use this seasoning I always feel great for creating an easy dinner with little to no effort.
What are you waiting for? Let’s make it!
A homemade seasoning for quick and easy tasty dinners. Not too spicy, a little sweet, with a lot of love. The perfect combination of spices and herbs make this special seasoning.
Made this recipe? Don’t forget to tag, like, and share. We love seeing what you create!
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon ground Jamaican allspice
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Mix all ingredients together and give it a good stir or shake. Make sure to break apart any large clumps of brown sugar with a spoon. ( I like to shake it up in the jar I'm keeping it in).
- Makes 1/2 a cup.